The larger of the two bones in the lower leg is called the tibia, or shinbone. It’s one of the most commonly fractured bones in the body. Based on the extent of your injury, symptoms of a fracture in your tibia can be varied from bruising to intense pain in your lower leg. The doctor will do a physical exam and may run some tests to get an image of the tibia fracture. After getting the reports, he can diagnose this type of injury.
The doctor may recommend surgery depending on the type of tibia fracture you have. Recovery can take from four to six months to heal which again depends on how bad the fracture is.
Symptoms of tibia fracture
Symptoms of tibia fracture can vary depending on how bad the fracture is. Following things can be counted as symptoms of tibia fracture-
· Difficulty walking, running, or kicking
· Inability to bear weight on the injured leg
· Numbness or tingling in the foot
· Intense pain in the lower leg
· Deformity in the lower leg, knee, shin, or ankle area
· Bruising and blueness on the injured leg
· Swelling around the site of the injury
· Bone protruding through a skin break
· Limited bending motion in and around the knee
The other bone in the lower leg, called the fibula, is often affected when the tibia is fractured.
These are the symptoms of Tibia Fracture. We recommend you to visit a doctor after facing such issues. We hope this information adds value to your knowledge. Watch out this space for more such information. Greetings for SYS Medtech International PVT. LTD.